WordPress is an open source blog hosting platform that can do almost anything. It is not just a blog, because it can be a website, video site, e-commerce website, and even a business directory. If you need to create a business directory site, use WordPress. You can create your own local business directory or yellow pages using WordPress. To start your own business directory, you need to have business directory theme.
Here is my list of business directory themes:
Vantage is the latest business directory theme for WordPress. The theme comes with many features to start with and it can be a powerful business directory theme for your WordPress. The price is $99 but it boasts features like:
- Support for both free and premium listings.
- PayPal gateway
- Google Maps integration
- Custom single listing details page
- Custom post type and taxonomies
- Custom form builder
- Widget-enabled sidebars and custom widgets
- Child-theme support
- Multi-language support
- User generated ratings and reviews.
- Advanced and customizable WordPress search.
DirectoryPress may be one of the oldest business directory themes for WordPress but it is one of the most regularly updated theme. With this theme you can build a powerful business directory because it has the following features:
- Easy set up and has a powerful control panel.
- Manual site listing submission.
- Membership packages for listing submissions.
- Database import tools to aid in migration from other directory scripts.
- Has more than 20 payment gateways.
- Search engine optimized codes.
- Custom user account area.
- User/employee management.
- Email management interface for personalized web mails.
- Can handle unlimited listings.
- Single license for unlimited use.
- DirectoryPress is priced at $79
eList is an elegant directory WordPress theme. With this theme, you can create your own online directory of any type. It also allows your visitors to submit new listings from the front-end. It comes with eCommerce integration which allows you to change visits for new or featured listings. For $39, this theme comes with the following features:
- Classic directory structure that is easy to read.
- Blog-style structure. (optional)
- Custom page templates included.
- Custom form builder.
- Standard submissions and paid feature listings.
- Custom CSS control panel with unlimited color schemes.
- Full localization support
- Payment processing using PayPal and PayPal IPN System.
Geo Places is one of the earliest business directory theme available in WordPress. It is a simple theme which lets yo build a city or local business directory in just a few steps. Geo Places is priced at $99 with included features:
- Customizable widgetized homepage.
- Listing distails page wih image gallery, contact details, place address, etc.
- Various payment options such as PayPal, Google Checkout, PayCash, 2CO, or Cash on Delivery.
- Featured listings and events.
- Coupons function.
- Custom dashboard page.
DirectoryMarket is a premium WordPress business directoy theme featuring a professional design and comes with all the necessary features needed for a business directory or listing website. It is easy-to-use and is backed up by customer support. The price of DirectoryMarket is $69.99 but it comes with customer support and the following features:
- Traditional directory style on homepage.
- Single listing templte with sections for images, maps, etc.
- Custom login and signup pages.
- Custom listing submissions page.
- Comes with a blog section.