Fantastico is an amazing cPanel/PHP based Web application. It integrates with cPanel and gives you the ability to automatically install popular Open Source Applications.
After logged into your cPanel, just look for a blue smiley face. After clicking on it follow the steps below:
- From Fantastico navigation menu click on “WordPress”.
- In the next widow click New Installation. This will take you to the next step:
- In this step you will be asked to provide information needed to install your WordPress.
a) Install on domain: Choose the domain on which you want to install WordPress
b) Install in Directory: Leave this blank if you want WordPress to be installed in the root of the domain. For example, when you leave it blank, you will access WordPress at http://www.yoursite.com/ . If you want to specify a different directory, type it into this field. For example if you type in “blog”, the url will then be http://www.yoursite.com/blog/ .
c) Choose the admin username and password to access your WordPress admin.
d) Admin nickname: The name you want to display for the admin account.
e) Admin e-mail: The email address of the admin
f) Site name: What you want to name your blog
g) Description: What your site is about.
i) Finally, for the email configuration, this will be an email address that you’ve set up.
- After clicking the “Install WordPress” button you will be brought to a review page:
Click “Finish Installation” to complete your WordPress installation.
- After you click “Finish Installation” button, you will be taken to a confirmation page where you can specify an email address to which the details of your new installation will be sent.