WordPress is currently the number one most dynamic and advanced content management system out there. WordPress has made it possible for anyone with or without coding experience to instantly publish a blog without taking all the extra steps of dealing with FTPs and servers. This open source software has proven to be very advanced and continues to advance each year.
WordPress was once only used for blogging, now WordPress can be used as a regular website with a one-page layout or multi-page layout. Google, Yahoo, and Bing are the 3 biggest search engines in the US. With that said, ranking on these 3 search engines can guarantee great website visibility. Read below the 7 ways to make your WordPress website SEO and mobile friendly.
7 Ways to Make your WordPress Site SEO and Mobile Friendly
- WordPress SEO Plugins. WordPress is known for its large theme and plugin library. Most of the items in this library are free to use and some come with subscription deals. Some of the best SEO plugins in WordPress are free to use. These plugins will instantly give the option of setting the correct meta tags per blog page. SEO plugins will also create an RSS and sitemap file automatically.Installing an SEO plugin to WordPress is the most beneficial thing to start off doing.What are the 3 best free WordPress plugins?
1.) Yoast SEO
3.) All in One SEO Pack
- WordPress Image Compressor. In WordPress, a blogger may forget to compress every image before an upload. Without compressing an image, the full image size will reflect and weigh on the page. Therefore, it is a great idea to use a WordPress plugin for auto image compression.What is the best plugin for image compression?WPSmushit doesn’t just compress new upload images, but it will automatically compress an entire image library in just minutes. This is a very handy plugin to install.
- Blogging Topic Target. Optimizing a WordPress blog to rank better in search engines can be done by topic targeting. This is a safe and smart strategy to do when writing a blog. Search engines often rank and place websites in different categories and in different level of visibility. When blogging, topic targeting is a method to help a blogger by producing content that isn’t too far out of a websites category. All blogs included inside a website must be different, but they must have a representing topic. Staying on topic is a great SEO practice that can ensure higher visibility.
- Font Size. Mobile device searches have grown into the billion margin. With so many mobile devices in use, it no longer is an option for a website to be mobile friendly. Having a mobile-friendly website can ensure mobile visitor satisfaction and higher ranks. The best way to make a WordPress website mobile friendly is by increasing the font size. When increasing the font size on a website, the font will look much bigger on a mobile device, thus, be much more convenient and readable for the mobile device user.
- Cross Browser Testing. When designing and using certain JS animations in WordPress, a cross-browser test should be conducted. The cross browser test will show what a website looks like in all different browsers and any website effects are compatible with all the different browsers. A WordPress website that works in all browsers is well built and will be categorized as reliable and better designed.
- Internal Linking. Internal linking is a great SEO practice and it does make a blog essentially even more connected. Adding up to 3 internal links per blog is a great practice and will make a website even more expansive.
- Responsive Design. Mobile devices have different sizes! A responsive design is necessary to make a WordPress website mobile friendly. Most WordPress websites do have a theme library and most of the themes there are mobile friendly, however, a responsive check should be conducted to ensure that all elements inside the theme are responsive.
There are many benefits to making your WordPress site both SEO and mobile friendly. Increasing your SEO rank can lead to major website hits and business success. Converting your WordPress site into a mobile friendly layout can bring great visitor satisfaction. Use the 7 ways provided above to instantly make your WordPress site SEO and Mobile Friendly.
About: Ntw Designs is a digital web design company that provides a variety of web services for companies of all sizes. Ntw design specializes in web design, brand marketing, and company research.