In this article I will show you how to choose display different sidebar for each post and page for WordPress. There’s several different plugins that help you gain this type of flexibility with your site.
Easy Custom Sidebars
This plugin allows you to replace any sidebar/widget area in any WordPress theme without any coding.
- Go to your wordpress admin >> Plugins >> Add new . In the search box type “Easy Custom Sidebars” and hit enter key to search. Install and activate the Easy Custom Sidebars plugin.
- You will see new menu item “Theme Sidebars” under “Appearence” menu. Click on it.
- Create new side bar here.
- Replace your old side bar with new side bar.
- Select posts/pages/categories where you want to display this new side bar. Save your side bar.
- Go to Appearance >> Widgets. Drag a widget to side bar. Edit and save it.
Per Page Sidebars Plugin
Content Aware Sidebars
Now when you are writing a post or a page, and you want to display a custom sidebar all you need to do is add the custom field “Sidebar” and include the name of the sidebar file. For example if you insert “wpbpage”, it will display sidebar-wpbpage.php as your sidebar.